What is a static IP?
While most cases do not require it, it is possible to reserve a static IP address in the Plume app. By default, devices use dynamic IP addresses assigned by the network upon connection and will change over time. Static IP addresses, however, do not change. This can be useful when an external device, website, or service needs to remember your IP address.
Please note: Your Plume network must be in router mode to configure a static IP. If you are in bridge mode, this feature must be configured through your router's settings.
How can I reserve a static IP?
1. To configure a static IP address (iOS photos displayed), open app's menu on the upper left-hand corner.
2. Next, select the "Advanced Settings" option in the menu.
3. Once opened, create a "New IP Reservation".
4. Select your desired device.
5. Tap "Done". Your device should now be assigned to the new static IP!