Typically, you will have to follow the following steps:
- From a device connected to your non-Plume network, open a web browser and go to your router’s web interface. You should be able to find the link through your router or service provider’s webpage.
- Log in with the username and password (typically the default one provided by the manufacturer).
- From this interface, look for settings, and you should have the ability to turn off WiFi on the device. After the change has been saved, your router should restart.
- After disabling WiFi on your other router combo, devices should automatically connect to Plume.
We’ve included links to instructions by some of the more common router manufacturers and ISPs below:
- Apple Time Capsule
In AirPort Utility, you can disable a base station offering Wi-Fi service.
- Launch Applications > Utilities > AirPort Utility.
- Select your base station and click the Edit button.
- Enter the base station's administrative password, if prompted.
- Click the Wireless tab.
- From the Network Mode pop-up menu, select Off.
- ASUS AC68U
- Using a computer connected to the AT&T router, open an Internet browser and type 192.168.1.254 to login to web-based control panel.
- Enter the password, if required (the password will be on your gateway unit usually).
- Select Wireless.
- Under Wireless Interface, select Disabled from the drop-down list.
- Click Save to apply settings.
If you have any issues, please search the web for instructions for your particular router.