Bridge Mode should be used if there is an existing device that is already handling DHCP/NAT on your network. Plume Pods are shipped in Auto Mode by default and if it detects an existing router handling DHCP/NAT, it will self-configure into (Auto) Bridge. If no DHCP is detected, Plume will to switch Router Mode.
Follow these steps to switch Plume back to Auto (Bridge), if the networking mode was set to Router Only.
- Open the main menu by tapping the " Ξ " button on the bottom-left of the App home screen.
- While on the Wi-Fi page, tap "Advanced Wi-Fi Setting at the bottom of the page"
- "Networking Mode" will display Plume's current mode, tap here to change.
- Tap 'Auto Mode' and then "OK" on the pop-up screen.
- A prompt will tell you that Plume is restarting. It may take up to 90 seconds for your network network to come back up.
- Open the main menu by tapping the " Ξ " button on the top-left of the App home screen.
- Tap 'Advanced Settings'
- In your 'Advanced Settings' screen, tap 'Network Mode'
- Tap 'Auto Mode' and a pop-up will warn you that you will need to restart Plume.
- Tap "Restart" and Plume will reboot. It may take up to 90 seconds for your network to come back up.